When obtaining, recording and managing consent we will make sure that:
- Our request for consent is specific about why we want the data, what we will do with the data, if the data will be outsourced to a third party, and that the data subject (in this case you, as parent or carer) has the right to withdraw their consent at any time.
- The request for consent will ask you to actively opt-in.
- Wherever possible, we will give granular options to consent separately to different purposes and different types of processing e.g. If we ask for consent to use photographs we will ask for consent for each way we may wish to use photos.
- Records are kept to evidence consent, including who consented, when, how, and what they were told.
- It is easy for the data subject (you) to withdraw their consent at any time – ensure you are told how to withdraw.
- Consents that have been obtained are kept under review and are refreshed if any of the processing reasons or activities change.
- We have spent time reviewing our processes for obtaining, recording and managing consent to ensure we are compliant with the GDPR.
Privacy notices for children are also available for any older children who show the ability to understand them.
If you have any questions about GDPR, please contact the headteacher via the school office.